This article will discuss the 9 best paid arpeggiator plugins as well as 9 free plugins!
Arpeggiators are a great way to add more movement and energy into your productions and fill the frequency space. They are also great tools for adding interesting basslines, melodies, and even percussion/drum patterns.
However, it’s easy for arpeggiated lines to become boring and uninspiring. You need good tools to add a more creative flavor to your sounds! We have listed arpeggiators and synthesizers with arpeggiators of various kinds that will enable you to program better arpeggios. So, let’s take a look at them.
14 Best Arpeggiator Plugins of All Sorts
1. Arturia ARP 2600 V3
Arturia’s 2600V aims to faithfully replicate ARP’s iconic 2600 semi-modular synth, offering a modern take on this vintage gem.
Its VCOs, VCF, VCA, and envelope generators are evaluated to match the authentic ARP 2600 sound. The sawtooth waveform equivalence between the hardware and 2600V is evident, mirroring near-indistinguishable sounds.
Unlike the original’s 24dB-per-octave filters, 2600V introduces five filter profiles but faces discrepancies in labeling and behavior. While claiming emulation of ARP’s 4012 and 4072 filters, discrepancies emerge.
Additionally, 2600V’s 24dB-per-octave filter doesn’t match the claimed frequency response, showing a limited range compared to the specifications. The software’s filter oscillation responses deviate from typical analog synthesizers, resembling patterns seen in previous Arturia synths.
Features & Benefits:
- 2600V’s VCOs offer expanded capabilities with keyboard tracking, various settings, and quantized frequency controls. There are discrepancies in the pulse and square waves’ accuracy. The noise generator attempts to emulate the ARP 2600 but with added coloration options.
- The envelopes on 2600V surpass the original ARP 2600, extending maximum times and improving minimum contour times. The elimination of the ARP 2600’s ‘thump’ and alterations in the VCA section are notable changes.
- The 1601 Sequencer, originally separate from the ARP 2600, is emulated in 2600V. It offers multiple CVs, gate buses, clock modulation, and enhanced voltage ranges compared to the original.
- Modules like the Sample & Hold/Electronic Switch and Voltage Processor show fidelity to the original while incorporating enhancements like increased inputs and functionality. However, discrepancies arise in the Voltage Processor section’s response and behavior, deviating from typical analog synth behavior.
- 2600V offers multiple filter profiles, claiming to emulate ARP’s 4012 and 4072. However, discrepancies arise, particularly in the claimed 12dB-per-octave low-pass filter that doesn’t match the original ARP’s specs. The resonance behavior also deviates.
The 2600V3 by Arturia is available in Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, and AAX plugin formats and is compatible with macOS 10.13 or later (64-bit only) (M1 Mac not yet officially supported) Win 8.1+ (64-bit only) operating systems.
For more information on the 2600V3, check out its official manual.
2. Cherry Audio DCO-106
Cherry Audio’s DCO-106 is an emulation of the revered Roland Juno-106.
It introduces modern features like reverb, delay, chord memory, and 16-voice polyphony, seamlessly fitting into contemporary music production workflows.
While the original Juno-106 synth lacked an arpeggiator, the DCO-106’s Arpeggio section faithfully emulates the arpeggiation capabilities found in the Juno-6 and Juno-60 models and spans four octaves and offers various directional modes.
Features & Benefits:
- DCO-106’s arpeggiator offers control toggles for activating or deactivating the arpeggio function, adjusting the arpeggiator’s speed, and selecting the note order within the chord.
- You can set the arpeggiator’s range across multiple octaves and enable the “Hold” function for sustained arpeggios without continuous key presses. Additionally, the “Sync” mode synchronizes the arpeggio’s timing to the master tempo, allowing alignment with various note values and tempo settings in both standalone and plug-in versions.
- Replicating the original Juno synth’s single oscillator, the DCO-106 accurately emulates its master clock, divider design, and waveform options—pulse, sawtooth, or a blend of both.
- Featuring a subtle yet effective high-pass control for sound depth and a prominent 24 dB/oct low-pass filter, mirroring the essence of the hardware emulation.
- Offering modulation through an envelope and a versatile LFO with six waveform options—triangle, saw, inverted saw, square, random, and sine—syncable to your host tempo.
- Incorporating Juno-inspired chorus effects, a delay unit, and a reverb with room, plate, and hall types, offering a touch of nostalgic seasoning, especially with the plate mode.
Available for 64-bit Windows 7 or higher and macOS 10.9 or higher, Cherry Audio’s DCO-106 supports VST 2/3, AU, and AAX formats.
For more information on DCO-106, check out its manual.
3. KORG ARP Odyssey
KORG has reproduced the ARP Odyssey in a plugin format, bringing together its analog sound with modern functionalities.
Odyssey is known for its distinctive, raw analog sound, versatile filters, and its ability to create a wide range of tones, from fat basslines to screaming leads. Reproduced with the ARP co-founder, the soft synth uses Korg’s CMT (Component Modeling Technology).
ARP ODYSSEY’s arpeggiator functions as a traditional arpeggiator and doubles as a step sequencer, allowing detailed programming of rhythmic patterns and sequences. You can craft complex, evolving sequences by inputting specific note orders, rests, and accents, providing granular control over the arpeggio’s rhythm and timing.
Features & Benefits:
- Korg very accurately emulates ARP Odyssey’s classic analog circuitry. The synth consists of 2 VCOs (Voltage Controlled Oscillators), 2 VCFs (Voltage Controlled Filters), and a VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier).
- The plugin offers a 16-note polyphonic mode for playback, a programmable arpeggio/step sequencer, several transformative effects, and broadened possibilities in sound design. It also uses the PPC (Proportional Pitch Control) to reprise its original rubber pad for nuanced pitch manipulation.
- ODYSSEY adopts all three generations of ARP ODYSSEY’S filters, each with its own trait. That gives you an option of switching immediately between Rev3’s black panel, Rev1’s white panel, and Rev2’s golden text on a black panel, each complemented by preset sounds tailored to their distinctive sonic traits.
- Every parameter of the ARP ODYSSEY plugin is controllable via MIDI CC, offering comprehensive hands-on control with external MIDI devices. You can also link the arpeggiator and LFO to external MIDI sources, ensuring more controlled rhythmic performances.
- The plugin comes with more than two hundred presets of various sonic hues ranging from well-known ARP ODYSSEY sounds comprising aggressive leads, voluminous basses, and sequences.
KORG ARP Odyssey is compatible with Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave or higher and Windows 10 64bit or higher operating systems and is available in AU, VST, VST3, and AAX (Supported 64bit) plugin versions.
For more information, check out the KORG ARP Odyssey manual.
4. Arturia Acid V (303 Synth With Arpeggiator)
Arturia’s Acid V caters to sequencing and arpeggiation needs and is particularly suited for acid-inspired dynamic patterns and basslines.
As an emulation of the renowned TB-303, it offers an intuitive interface facilitating scale-based pattern sequencing and arpeggiation controls, perfect for crafting edgy bass sounds with sharp filter sweeps, saturation effects, and more. Sporting a classic 303 hardware feel, the software also ensures scalability.
Moreover, featuring three multi-mode function generators, four FX slots, and 17 diverse FX choices—including effects like Pitch-Shift Delay, Super Unison, and Multiband Compressor—Acid V grants extensive modulation options for sound shaping, allowing you to transform your sounds into entirely new realms.
Most importantly, Acid V3 features a polymetric 64-step sequencer and arpeggiator that goes beyond conventional sequencing capabilities. This tool allows for creating detailed musical patterns across 64 steps, enabling complex rhythmic arrangements.
Features & Benefits:
- A versatile sub-oscillator featured on the plugin enriches bass and synth sounds. It has a 2-octave range, and offers waveform choices like square and triangle, along with vibrato for nuanced modulation.
- V3 features diverse distortion effect possibilities. With 14 distortion algorithms, Acid V provides a range of tonal textures synonymous with its connection to distortion.
- The polymetric sequencer and arpeggiator have up to 64 steps incorporating slide, accent, and octave shifting. You can bounce patterns to MIDI for use with other instruments and clips.
- With over 150 factory presets covering classic basslines to experimental tones, the plugin offers inspiration across diverse production styles.
- V3 has In-App Learning Guides! Its embedded interactive tutorials guide you through various instrument facets, from parameter controls to expert sound designer insights.
- The plugin allows you to apply four effects simultaneously from a selection of 17 FX, ranging from parametric EQ to multi-flanger, each with dedicated controls.
- Acid V3 offers Advanced Modulation, so you can customize modulation shapes and apply them to different parameters for intricate sound modulation.
Acid V is compatible with Windows 10+ (64-bit) and Mac OS 10.13+ on both 4-core CPUs, meeting specific RAM and GPU requirements. It functions as Standalone, VST, AAX, Audio Unit, and NKS plugin, conveniently integrated with ASC for easy installation and updates.
5. Kirnu Cream
For arpeggiator enthusiasts, Kirnu Cream stands out as a must-have tool.
It’s not just a MIDI arpeggiator; it offers added functionalities that streamline composition and live performance. With a plethora of presets, it fosters instant creativity while maintaining efficient CPU usage and precise sample performance.
Features & Benefits:
- The plugin allows you to craft up to 12 patterns per track across 4 tracks, each offering nine adjustable parameters like length, gate, accent, transposition, and CC data. The CC data is particularly useful for modulation, expanding possibilities when used with your preferred synth/sampler. Additional features include global transposition, rate control, and various scales.
- You get a feature called “Chord Memory” in Creamm that stores chord notes, easily retrievable by playing a single note. Moreover, it simplifies chord inversions with a click, making it a great tool for seamless live performances.
- Kirnu Cream presents a suite of controls like gate, swing, octave settings, transpose, and rate controls. These tools enable precise adjustments in note gating, rhythmic feel, pitch range, and speed, providing versatile means to sculpt the arpeggio’s character and flow within compositions or live performances.
- Offering 12 distinct patterns per track and accommodating up to 16 chord memories, Kirnu Cream ensures expansive creative freedom.
- The plugin incorporates a set of essential utility tools including Draw, Randomize, Copy, Select, Paste, and Clear functionalities.
- Kirnu Cream’s Pattern Data provides a comprehensive array of order controls that dictate the behavior of the arpeggiator. From defining how the arpeggiator responds to note lists to specifying chord memory slots, setting note length, accent, transposition, and dividing notes, this feature-rich toolset allows fine-tuning and modulation of the arpeggiator’s behavior and output to suit varied musical contexts and preferences.
Kirnu Cream is compatible with Windows 64-bit (Windows 2000 and above) and macOS 64-bit (macOS 10.5 and above), available in VST 2/3, AU, and LPX MIDI FX formats.
For more information on Cream, check out the plugin manual here.
6. Arturia SEM V (Analog Synth With Arpeggiator)
The Arturia SEM V is a software emulation of the classic Oberheim SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module).
It reproduces the unique analog sound and capabilities of the original instrument while adding modern features. This software synthesizer captures the essence of the SEM’s oscillators, multimode filters, modulation options, and a built-in sequencer.
Next, Arturia SEM V’s monophonic arpeggiator boasts four standard modes (up, down, up/down, and random), accommodating a range of up to four octaves. Additionally, it includes a convenient hold function and host sync feature, allowing synchronization of the arpeggio with the track’s tempo and other concurrent elements.
While not overly complex, the arpeggiator beautifully complements the sounds produced by the SEM, making them perfect for arpeggiation.
Features & Benefits:
- The SEM V by Arturia is a faithful emulation of the Oberheim SEM synthesizer, preserving the original’s dual-oscillator structure, offering sawtooth and pulse waves, frequency modulation, and oscillator sync.
- The 12dB/octave state-variable filter remains true to the original’s character, providing diverse filter modes and modulation options. Retaining the simplicity of the sine-wave LFO while enhancing it with host synchronization, the SEM V also features dual ADSD contour generators, each assignable to various components.
- The SEM V’s advanced programming capabilities extend to emulating the original 4-Voice and 8-Voice configurations, providing a comprehensive ‘8-Voice Programmer’ to introduce offsets, mimicking the nuances of multiple voices.
- A modulation matrix with eight bipolar slots, enriched by external performance sources like velocity and aftertouch, empowers you to shape expressive and dynamic sounds.
- SEM V also integrates three effects units—overdrive, chorus, and delay—with intuitive controls for dry/wet ratios, delay times, modulation depth, and feedback, adding sonic depth and character to the output.
- The plugin features a wide sound palette and preset collection across lead synths, basses, pads, effects, and arpeggios.
SEM works in Standalone, VST, AAX, Audio Unit, and NKS (64-bit) plugin formats and is compatible with Win 10+ and Mac OS 10.13+ operating systems.
For more information, check out Arturia SEM V’s manual.
7. SugarBytes Consequence
Consequence operates as an all-in-one package—combining arpeggiator, sequencer, and synth functions.
It boasts three distinct synth engines, each operating independently with dedicated ADSR controls for precise sound shaping. These engines can be loaded with diverse samples, sounds, or presets, providing a versatile sonic palette.
It also has a flexible filter section that offers additional sound manipulation, allowing specific adjustments per engine or affecting all simultaneously.
Features & Benefits:
- Consequence’s arpeggiator has two modes: Relative and Absolute. In “RELATIVE” mode, the arpeggiator changes direction based on the last played note, moving up or down from the current position. Meanwhile, in “ABSOLUTE” mode, the change in direction inverts the arpeggio, resulting in note jumps, adding complexity to melodies. This creates a more diverse array of musical progressions, deviating from the closest note to the preceding one.
- The RESTART menu in the plugin governs when the arpeggiator resets, impacting the melody’s continuity. This setting allows the arpeggiator to flow freely for extended, unpredictable melodies. Alternatively, it enables precise restarts at specific points, offering control over the sequence’s progression, such as play initiation, block completion, MIDI note arrival, or mode alterations.
- Consequence also has extensive sequencer options. You can activate complete chords or play chord notes in ascending or descending patterns using the Chord steps or Arp steps option. Its Trigger Sequencer option allows steps to trigger multiple times, while the Gate Sequencer activates notes/chords based on steps.
Consequence is available as VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, and Standalone Applications, and it is compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher (Apple Silicon M1 supported) and Windows 7 or higher operating systems.
For more information on SugarBytes Consequence, check out its manual.
8. 2getheraudio G8TOR
G8TOR serves as a versatile sequencer and arpeggiator, offering a range of effects and presets.
It operates both standalone and as a plugin within your DAW. Its strength lies in catering to electronic music with two oscillators, a supersaw, and a noise generator for added sonic character.
Equipped with two ADSR envelopes for filter and AMP adjustments, G8TOR presents four main modes: Free Play, Sequencer, Arpeggiator, and Filter. Each mode offers distinct ways of producing and manipulating audio, allowing for extensive parameter tweaking.
Features & Benefits:
- G8TOR features a Versatile Multi-Mode Sequencer. The sequencer, offering Free Play, Sequencer, Arpeggiator, and Filter modes, controls eight steps with parameters like rate, swing, and transpose. You can create diverse polyrhythms by defining sequence loop lengths effortlessly. The arpeggiator facilitates easy modulation beyond standard up/down patterns. The filter mode simplifies volume and filter adjustments for gated sequences.
- The sequencer features essential effects—distortion, chorus, delay, and reverb—allowing simple yet impactful audio transformation. Balancing these effects individually ensures an enriched yet balanced overall signal.
- With eight additional touch-based FX, manipulate the overall signal dynamically. Effects like Bit Crush, Modulation, and Fractal Delay offer unique parameters for diverse outcomes. Customizable pad behaviors—such as one-shot, toggle, or hold—add flexibility to touch interactions.
G8TOR works in Standalone, VST, AAX, and Audio Unit plugin formats and is compatible with Win 7+ and Mac OS 10.12+ operating systems.
9. u-he Diva (Analog Synth With Arpeggiator)
Diva by u-he emulates analog synth sounds and features a switchable arpeggiator.
The plugin gives you five different types of oscillators, four kinds of high-pass filters, five main filter options, and three types of envelopes. You’ll find LFOs, the effects, and the available controls, such as sync, pan, and tuning, in the lower panels.
Additionally, there are individual menus for modifications, trimmers, scope, and presets. Finally, Diva’s arpeggiator can be activated or deactivated and has various modes like Played, Up, Down, Up+Dn 1, Up+Dn 2, and Random, which offer diverse note orders.
Features & Benefits:
- The heart of Diva is its filters. U-he has modeled all five units after a more significant number of classic hardware, and though the controls are similar, each has its unique flavor. For instance, VCF | BITE adds beautiful resonance by increasing the oscillator volume by 10%.
- Diva’s arpeggiator has a feature called “Sync” that ensures rhythmic alignment with the sequencer, even if played notes are off-time.
- The arpeggiator’s progression settings, such as Serial, Round, Leap, and Repeat, determine octave transitions, while the Octaves setting transposes notes accordingly. You can also control the number of notes played before the arpeggio restarts, aiding musical timing adjustments.
- Additionally, Voice Mode selection impacts the arpeggiator’s behavior, enabling varied release styles or triggering modes for distinct musical expressions.
- With over 1200 presets, Diva facilitates patch exploration and saves time in sound design. Its intuitive search function enables you to find presets based on tags, categories, features, or sound characteristics.
Available in VST, AU, and AAX formats, the u-he Diva is compatible with macOS 10.7 or newer and Windows 7 or higher operating systems.
Check out Diva’s manual for more information on the plugin.
Best Free Arpeggiator Plugins
1. Vital (Premium Synth)
Vital is a Wavetable synthesizer known for its advanced capabilities, intuitive interface, arpeggiation, and modulation controls.
It consists of three wavetable oscillators, a sample-based oscillator, 3 envelopes, 4 LFOs, multiple effects, and 4 MACRO controls. It also has a simple drag-and-drop workflow that lets you modulate your signals effortlessly.
Its modulations can also be arpeggiated. For example, if you add an LFO on a cutoff frequency. You can arpeggiate the movement of that cutoff frequency. Under its MATRIX tab, you can create arpeggiated effects in the MOD REMAP window.
Features & Benefits:
- Vital allows modulation/arpeggiation grids up to 32 divisions on the x-axis and 24 divisions on the y-axis. Next, for each grid, you can also draw patterns on a step, a half step, up/down, and other forms of grid divisions.
- You can flip your patterns vertically or horizontally and make the ARP patterns straight or curved.
- The Effects Section in Vital consists of various effects like Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Distortion, Flanger, Phaser, Filter, Equalizer, and Reverb, by which you can add more excitement to your sound.
- Vital offers ample modulation possibilities with up to 3 envelopes and 4 LFOs, alongside dedicated “randomness” generators, allowing for organic movement and unpredictability.
- Maximizing microtonality, this synthesizer seamlessly loads .tun, .scl, and .kbd files, reshaping tuning configurations effortlessly. An innovative tuning system opens avenues for transforming sample performance amplifying note variations and frequencies. It revolutionizes sample interaction via oscillators, expanding sonic possibilities.
- Utilizing key-tracked LFOs, you craft bass lines synced with note variations. The LFO doubles as an oscillator modulation source by merging audio-rate modulation, instantly automating modulation parameters in sync with played notes.
- Supporting MPE devices like ROLI keyboards or Linnstruments, Vital ensures complete control and expression. It lets you infuse dynamics into sound production, leveraging familiar dynamics with newfound control.
Vital is compatible with Windows: 10 and higher, MacOS: 10.12 and higher (Intel or Apple Silicon), Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and above operating systems, and DAWs that host VST, AU, CLAP, and AAX plugin formats.
2. Ronan Fed Pneuma
Pneuma is a free arpeggiator synth plugin with extensive features and advanced workflow which give paid plugins a run for their money.
It includes four oscillators, one noise oscillator, and two sample oscillators, alongside a filter, amplitude envelope, 2 LFOs, 2 MOD envelopes, a mod matrix, and a good range of high-quality effects.
The plugin’s arpeggiator enables control over range, mode/direction, speed, GATE, and swing for creative sound movements.
Features & Benefits:
- With seven sources – four oscillators, 2 samplers, and one noise oscillator, the plugin offers adjustable note, octave, waveform, voices, and various parameters like pulse width and stereo imaging on each oscillator.
- Pneuma consists of high-resolution effects such as parametric EQ, phaser, chorus, delay, reverb, and compression, along with saturation and distortion for altering sound harmonics. It also includes global fx, like glide, vibrato, etc.
- The plugin consists of two envelopes with adjustable destinations, mix amounts, and a MOD matrix supporting two sources and destinations for each source.
- Pneuma has state variable (low pass, band pass, high pass) and Low Pass Moog Filter options that offer warm and analog characteristics to the oscillators.
The plugin is only available in the Windows-64-bit VST version.
DVS-8K is a free, simple, and light software synthesizer.
It consists of two oscillators, an LFO, a band pass/high pass/low pass filter, an ADSR, an amp section, an arpeggiator window, and an effects section. Its Arpeggiator window allows seamless manipulation of tempo, a sweeping 4-octave range, and the dynamic choice between Up and Down order sequences.
Features & Benefits:
- The plugin allows you to add a portamento effect to the Keyboard voicing, such that you can tweak the “Time” for the porta effect. There’s also a dual-octave control and MONO mode for voicing.
- DVS-8K’s Effects suite consists of Delay and Gate effects. The Delay effect allows you to manage time, feedback, and level, and the Rhythm Gate lets you tweak parameters such as Attack, Release, and Floor.
- The AMP section in the plugin features an autopan switch, a responsive pan knob, and a precise volume knob for nuanced sound shaping. Adding to its versatility, the DVS-8K plugin incorporates ADSR functionality and an envelope depth knob, allowing for better sound shaping.
- Rounding out its offerings, the plugin’s Filter section presents a trio of switchable HPF, BPF, and LPF options, accompanied by a finely adjustable cutoff frequency knob and a resonance knob, providing an extensive spectrum of sonic control.
DVS-8K is available in 32-bit VST format and is only compatible with the Windows OS.
4. Contralogic Productions Feldspar
Feldspar is a tri-oscillator multi-modulation synthesizer plugin.
Featuring two main oscillators, a sub-oscillator, 3 LFOs, 2 envelopes, ring modulation, a filter, a delay effect, and an arpeggiator, Feldspar has an extensive workflow for detailed sound synthesis.
Features & Benefits:
- Feldspar boasts an arpeggiator that offers a range of functionalities to shape your sound. It allows toggling on and off, synchronization options for different tempos, precise control over the number of steps in the arpeggio sequence, and the ability to adjust the rate and glide for a smooth transition between notes.
- Within its architecture lies a Mod Matrix, enabling you to define sources and assign destinations effortlessly.
- The plugin showcases a comprehensive array of LFOs and Envelopes. With 16 waveform shapes, synchronization capabilities, phase adjustments, and various modulation options like FM and AM, the LFOs promise versatile and rhythmic modulation possibilities. Meanwhile, the 2 Envelopes, offering ADSR parameters along with mode variations, gate settings, and velocity sensitivity across 16 steps, provide nuanced control over sound shaping. Moreover, the 18 RM algorithms embedded in the plugin further enhance the depth and complexity of achievable sound textures.
- The FILTER section within the Feldspar plugin enables you to finely sculpt your sound. With options for offset manipulation, resonance adjustments, bleed control, cutoff modifications, and a follow feature, the filter becomes a versatile tool for crafting precisely tailored timbres.
- To add dimension and depth, the ECHO effect in the plugin offers a multitude of controls. You can imbue your sound with rich, atmospheric echoes and reverberations with mode selection, time settings, high-pass and low-pass filters, feedback adjustment, and level control.
Feldspar is available in 32-bit VST format and is only compatible with the Windows OS.
5. u-he Podolski
Podolski by u-he stands out as a virtual analog synthesizer.
In its core, it comprises a single oscillator, a solitary filter, one envelope, and an arpeggiator. The oscillator boasts a variable shape that spans from a saw to a triangle, including PWM (Pulse Width Modulation).
Notably, its user interface is both resizable and customizable, offering various skins for download. Additionally, the synth comes equipped with over 300 presets that showcase its diverse capabilities.
Features & Benefits:
- Podolski’s arpeggiator, with 16 steps, allows control over step mode, gate, length, transpositions, and modulation. You also get Glide functionality for creating smoother arpeggios.
- A distinctive feature of the plugin is its multi-mode filter, offering low-pass, band-pass, and high-pass filter curves. The filter includes drive, FM, and key follow, with modulation support from the arpeggiator.
- The plugin’s Modulation capabilities extend to an envelope with modes like ADSR/HDSR, Linear, or Exponential, along with a sustain parameter featuring a fall/rise control. Podolski also incorporates a simple yet efficient LFO.
- At the lower part of the interface, you will find a delay and chorus/flanger effects. Though not comprehensive for mixing purposes, they contribute to widening the sound and adding interest to arpeggio parts.
Compatibility-wise, Podolski is accessible on Windows 7 or higher, macOS 10.9 or higher, and Linux, exclusively in 64-bit. It supports VST 2/3, AU, and AAX formats.
For more information on Podolski by u-he, you can check its manual here.
6. Noizefield VACS
VACS, short for virtual analog club synth, is a soft synth tailored for electronic genres like EDM, House, Dance, Trance, Dub, and Trap.
Based on subtractive synthesis principles, VACS is designed and organized across two pages, each hosting specialized sections. VACS features three Oscillators, offering 64 waveform options for each oscillator. Lastly, the plugin has 128 presets to get you started!
Features & Benefits:
- To enrich compositions, VACS provides an intuitive 32-step Arpeggiator capable of generating rhythmic patterns and melodic sequences, adding depth and movement to musical arrangements.
- The plugin’s capabilities extend further with a comprehensive FM Matrix and Modulation Matrix, empowering you with intricate control over frequency modulation and modulation routing, enabling dynamic sound sculpting.
- Additionally, the synthesizer offers a Voices-Knob, enabling up to eight-note polyphony for enhanced versatility in creating layered sounds and harmonies.
- This synth’s modulation arsenal includes 3 Envelopes (1 Amp-Env, 2 Modulation Envs) and 3 LFOs, each with three distinct modulation depth values.
- For further sound sculpting, VACS incorporates 2 Multimode Filters, a Noise Generator, an Equalizer, and a Saturation Section.
- The plugin also has creative tools such as a StereoDelay, Vowel Filter with an XY-Morph-Pad for expressive filtering, Chorus, BitCrusher, and an Advanced Gate/Step sequencer with Trigger options, enabling you to explore diverse sonic territories and experiment with sound design.
VACS is available in 32-bit VST format and is only compatible with the Windows OS.
EVM Synths Moebius is a versatile synth plugin packed with great functionalities for sound design.
It features an arpeggiator section that lets you create intricate melodic sequences, offering various modes, BPM settings (1, 2, 3, 4), and directional mappings (up/down), perfect for dynamic rhythmic exploration and composition.
Features & Benefits:
- With 2 oscillators offering a broad range from –1 to +2 octaves, featuring sine, sawtooth, square, and white noise waves, each oscillator is equipped with a PWM knob, allowing precise manipulation of pulse width modulation. You can route and adjust pitch, PWM, and their respective amounts effortlessly while blending oscillators seamlessly using the OSC mix. The plugin also gives you glide and sync capabilities coupled with polyphony to add depth to your sonic explorations.
- You get to explore rhythmic depth with 2 LFOs; LFO 1 influences Oscillator A with its pulse width modulation, filter, selectable wave types (sine, sawtooth, square, random), adjustable rate, and level controls. Meanwhile, LFO 2 influences Oscillator B with PWM, phaser, focus control, selectable waveforms, and customizable rate and level settings, unlocking an array of modulation possibilities.
- The plugin also has a Phase Shifter module, boasting adjustable pitch, peak, and a versatile switch for on-the-fly tonal shifts. You can shape your sound further with the ADSR envelope for precise control over amplitude dynamics.
- Moebius consists of a comprehensive filter section, including frequency, resonance, ratio, envelope modulation, and ADSR envelope controls, providing the ultimate shaping capabilities. You also get a Reverb module, offering parameters such as level, delay, size, diffusion, and an immersive on/off switch with focus settings. Lastly, there’s also a linked chorus effect on the plugin.
EVM Synths Moebius is available in 32-bit VST format and is only compatible with the Windows OS.
8. Fanan Team 999gen2
999gen2 is a dynamic MIDI arpeggiator that doesn’t generate sound independently but is a powerful trigger for other VST instruments.
This versatile tool brings forth a staggering 999 pre-seeded arpeggios, all meticulously driven by chords, allowing for intricate rhythmic arrangements and musical embellishments. Each of the 999 arpeggios can be finely tuned to your liking. Customize the speed, note length, octave range, and diversity (ply) individually for each arpeggio, granting unparalleled control over the nuances of your compositions.
Features & Benefits:
- You can switch between arpeggios using your MIDI keyboard, enabling fluid transitions and live performances. The arpeggios effortlessly synchronize with your DAW’s BPM and denominator, ensuring precise alignment and automatic positioning, regardless of your project’s tempo.
- The 999gen2 boasts a comprehensive set of parameters, with controls like X00, X, X0, RAND, SPEED, GATE, OCTAVE RANGE, and PLY, granting precise manipulation over various aspects of the arpeggiator’s behavior.
999gen2 is available in 32- and 64-bit VST formats and is only compatible with the Windows operating system.
9. Fanan Team Randomidi Free
Randomidi Free is a dynamic and versatile random multi-channel arpeggiator designed to enhance live performances.
Acting as a DAW’s internal preset manager, this plugin lets live performers interact with up to 16 VST instruments seamlessly, whether on stage or in live jam sessions. You get to experience the flexibility of splitting your keyboard into two zones, allowing the routing of instruments to the upper and lower sections effortlessly.
Each button corresponds to a specific VST instrument, routing MIDI signals via matching channels (from 1 to 16) directly to the designated VSTi in your DAW, simplifying your setup process.
Features & Benefits:
- Randomidi Free features 16 individual arpeggios, each housing 99 variations crafted to complement chords. These arpeggios are primed to infuse spontaneity into your performances, capable of instant random variation while in play.
- The plugin gives you a switchable arpeggiator with Octave, Speed, Gate, and Octave Range parameters. In addition, you can split your keyboard at any note you want.
Randomidi is available in 32- and 64-bit VST formats and is only compatible with the Windows operating system.
We have covered 24 arpeggiator and synthesizer plugins in this article. With all that knowledge, it’s easy to get confused! If you are baffled by that, don’t worry; we have you covered! First, let’s talk about dedicated arpeggiator plugins.
The Modalics EON-Arp is an arpeggiator with great functionalities. However, its workflow may be slightly unfamiliar to some as it doesn’t follow the conventional path. But given its advanced features, they have done a great job of simplifying it! Despite its learning curve, I would suggest this plugin as probably the only ARP plugin you need!
Next, Kirnu Cream is also a sorted-out MIDI arpeggiator! Of course, it has too much going on in a single window, but it also gives you good control over your arpeggiated effect. Further, G8OR is versatile but is more of a sequencer than an arpeggiator. Consider this plugin if you want both of these capabilities in a single window.
Now, moving on to arpeggiator synthesizers. Sugarbytes Consequence, VSP Avengers 2, and Arturia Pigments 4 are some plugins with competent and detailed arpeggiation capabilities. Next, Diva by u-he, Cherry Audio Quadra, Cherry Audio DCO-106, TAL-U-No-LX, Arturia SEM V, and Reveal Sound Spire are synths that give you great analog and vintage flavors.
The Arturia Acid V stands out for its rhythmic and arpeggiated sounds used in various dance genres. It also has a great range of ARP presets. Lastly, Vital and Pneuma are highly capable free synthesizers that you can consider if you are short on budget!